I just posted photos to my hunneymandc instagram
will post them here later.
Things I remember from the ride. Found couple new kayak launch spots to try. More on a river vs open water. Worth the hour drive for days that are too windy to paddle in Boothbay.
At the Brunswick park and ride met a couple in a vintage vw van interested in truck buildout. Funny how I'm getting more interest here in Maine than I've had on previous camping trips this year. I think maybe Maine appreciates the DIY more.
On the ride I spotted a nice black Storyteller camper van, as well as a few others. Should've taken a photo. I spotted one person having a modest mini camper set up with solar in the back of a field with a path mowed down to reach it. Nice summer setup IMHO
I managed the rolling hills of the ride pretty well. A lot of times I could just stand up on the pedals and power up the short steep hills, only had to shift down to granny gears a few times.
I ate a snackbar on the hour, but I was definitely ready to eat by the time I got to Bath. Stopped at the Sisters Deli, would go again. they had warm sandwiches pre made ready to go. Helps keep things moving. Awesome desserts too.
I got the Macintuscan. Chicken, apple, mixed greens, honey mustard, etc in a spinach wrap. A small bag of salt & vinegar chips and large peanut butter/choc chip cookie, and a schwepps ginger ale.
I inhaled the wrap and downed the soda, saved the cookie and chips for when I got to the bike trail that parallels rt 1 in Brunswick. There are a few granite benches with river views there. Ate all the chips (needed the salt bad), and 2/3rds of the cookie. The cookie perked me up in the Truck on the 50minute drive back to the cabin.
Didn't paddle yesterday. Just rested. ate leftovers from the friges after showering.
Slept well.
Typing this the next morning before I got out to paddle again. Thinking of the eastern loop even though there's 5-10mph E/SE winds it'll be fun to play with the waves on the port side of the surfski. I'll wear my thicker shorts though, for the broadsides.
Later
D
No comments:
Post a Comment