Thursday, August 27, 2026

VTXL Day three Riding

It's actually day four But my keyboard wasn't working due to the humidity I just got the idea though That I could use my open fit2 shokz ear bud which has A good microphone to dictate So let's give it a go I have a steep hill climb right now
I'll edit these when i get home

 Anywho yesterday I did over seven thousand feet of climbing It's Garment Edge computer Isn't recording the Ascent Because I lost the weather cover For it I bought a USB C charging port cap To keep water out of it and thought it would be fine But there's a tiny hole that The barometer uses So that's why it's not doing the dissect Oh well I'll fix it when I get home And buy a new weather cap I didn't realize how important it was Back Day three After leaving the hollow covered bridge I thought really hungry But The next door Wasn't at until the 120 mile Mark And I was at mile 87 So I had lots of Cliff bars Full wheat wraps with peanut butter and dates Wasabi almonds Protein powder And I was able to make it To the general store In West Tops Camera I'll fix the spelling on that later When I got to that General Store Nothing looks More beautiful to me So let me add a photo of the place so you can Find the humor in that  Inside they had warm pizza Hamburgers chicken fingers Anything hungry bike packer Would be dreaming of after such Along ride to get In the ride to get there was pretty rough It wasn't Class four road It was some Trail And I had to do a lot of Walking the bike yesterday Or what they call hika bike Take a bike Again sorry for misspellings and no punctuation I'll edit later Just getting my thoughts down Here's some photos of the rough Trail That I couldn't ride through and had to walk Chicken alfredo broccoli slice of pizza Which had to at least be Seven to 800 calories on its own Given how heavy it felt A cheeseburger A small bag of Ruffles Sour cream and onion The three to four serving kind An ice cream cookie Sandwich And a 20 ounce coke I was feeling much better after that In the town of top stand They have Hot spot Wi-Fi service So I was able to get online And I plotted a better route From The general store I was at To the next general store in Chelsea About 16 miles away There was one brief section I hadn't flattened right They wanted to take me over one of those rough Trails again So I said screw that Stayed on the back way Trail a little lower longer And then bang to write On Rand I'll have to look that up later And then that took me The five mile Downhill section into Chelsea which was awesome On that downhill section it started to pour rain And it's just a gravel dirt road So by the time In town From my knees to my shoes I was just caked and mud Thankfully I was wearing my shorts Instead of Long sung pants Sun pants So I bought a jug of water first thing In the store Went back outside filled my water bottles And then used the rag I have And it is wash off my legs Also when I got the gallon trick of water I put an order in for a small To the steak sandwich with everything So by the time I finished cleaning up my sandwich was ready And then I restocked Because as I said before when I got to the first general store I was all a lot of food I had eaten my last cliff bar about Five miles before getting to the store In five miles Could have been a long ways if it was all a pill But thankfully it was mostly downhill But back to Chelsea I devoured the cheesesteak Another Fanta soda Another Three serving bag the chips Stocked up on Cliff bars Brown cinnamon sugar Pop-Tarts Oh and I forgot At the previous General Store I bought a six pack Plane Donuts
After the Chelsea store Actually towards the end while I was there it started raining again Not bad But enough to make me put my rain jacket and pants on And I was off to find camp for the night It was around 6 30 when I left
I had one last Past mile With 550 feet Of elevation gain To get up to the back road Where I found A spot for my tent Period It was a little turn off For a former logging Area I set up camp Around 7 30 at night Got into the turn as quickly as possible because it was starting to rain again Set up everything inside out of the rain without getting everything wet And lead in bed From about Eight o'clock Until 11 When I finally fall asleep It's hard to fall asleep when Your muscles are all fired up What I realized helped Is I moved my quilt To only cover My butt And I left my legs Open to the cool evening air To cool down I could immediately feel myself starting to Relax more but it still took an hour after I figured that out But solid note for next time Per my watch I slept from about 10 To 5 30 Which isn't bad Only got in an hour of REM and deep sleep So I need to be careful not to make any dumb mistakes today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts