Thursday, August 27, 2026

VTXL day 3 morning, covered bridge

i wrote a longer post last night, but needed better cell for it to upload.   will do once I get to Topsham, or sooner.

Slept fine.   was in my tent by 7p.m. last night.  read for a bit, and then decided to try sleeping by 8p.m.  drifted off by 9 i think.
going to eat brekkie and get going asap this morning.   try to beat the rain coming mid afternoon. 

Later
 
More close ups of my water filter setup.   At camp last night, I let it filter while i worked on other things.   The previous night I'd used my lightweight polyurethane fabric bucket to wash my clothes.   The problem is how to dry things out when I don't have time during the day to hang them in the Sun.   So I figured out how to strap them to the bike.    In general I could get stuff dry during the morning ride, flipping things around every 2 hours.   In the afternoon, I'd dry other stuff. 
 
 

I started experimenting with strapping wet clothes to the bike so it could dry as I biked. I got better at it as I went. 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts