Wednesday, August 26, 2026

VTXL Day2 Morning

Slept ok, better than first night.   I think this campground just has a little too much road and train noise for normal foam earplugs, I needed my ear muff too.   Still got 2 hours of quality REM and deep sleep combined, and that's generally enough for me to function well.   At home, now that i've lost more weight, i sleep better too.    Get more like 3-3.5 hours of REM sleep

In a gross TMI ala Dan oversharing pic.   I love the new wide mouth Nalgene collapsible canteen I got for a pee jug in the tent and bikepacking.   Lighter than a gatorade bottle, wider opening, fits perfectly in the little tent pocket.   Can hold 32oz/1 liter.
the ground chair works well in the tent too.  more comfy on the air mattress too.

typing this around 6a.m. nice and cozy in my tent. will fix the orientation later

going to quiety pack up and go ride the 3.2 miles into town to get breakfast.   Not starving, but i could eat.   I'll eat a Nature's Bakery fig bar pack for fuel before riding.   gotta give my riding muscles the carbs they need,  but i checked on my ridewgps app.   it's an easy 3 miles into town with only 100ft of climbing, the roads follow around Island Pond, but that's not always a guarantee of flat roads.
time to pack up and I'll snap some photos of the bike and add here in a sec.
It's 10 past 9 now. I had to double back to the Kingdom Market and Island Pond.  I accidentally left my bike Lock there.   I lucked out it was still dangling on the pallet I used to lock up my bike when i got back.    Also lucky that the three miles I had to go back were fairly flat,  an easy six mile penalty for being stupid and maybe half awake.   But i clearly remembered when unlocking the first time seeing it drop and thinking to myself, better grab that before you leave and forget it.   I didn't.   I ate my breakfast sandwich first and forgot.    Oops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts