Butt is good. really good actually, touch wood. I felt the back of my legs and inside thigh muscles tiring towards the last couple hours of my 8 hour ride today, which is a clear sign that the seat was too high and too far forward. I'd made those adjustments a couple weeks ago. It's good on flatter terrain but not for all the climbing i'm doing, so I just went back to what I had marked/painted on the seatpost and seat rails, and I felt my strength on the climbs return. easier on my lower back too.
It did take me almost 8 hours to ride the 60 miles today. Some of the climbs were tough and muddy. Hopefully, i hit my groove tomorrow, or I'll have to adjust the mileage plan. Less distance, 55miles but more climbing tomorrow, 7,000ft. Crazy! it'll be the most of the ride if i can doit, but i need to keep an eye on weather. Thunderstorms and rain are coming late afternoon possibly, it could cut into my riding time, so i need to make an early start and not leave anything that makes me waste time doubling back. Thankfully the rain that's definitely coming will be overnight when i'm in the tent.
after the lock snafu, no other incidents the rest of the day. Recharged food wise at a nice farm stand. got an ice cream cookie sandwich, rootbeer, and a dense heavy blondie with decadent chocolate, reese's cups, white chocolate and crushed graham crackers on top. Hit the spot.
Dinner at camp was just cheese and pepperoni, a peach from the farmstand, the rest of the blondie and some wasabi almonds. Didn't have time to stop at the Red Barn brewery. I needed the time at camp to wash clothes and setup camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment